- Faculty and Staff
- Forms and Links
• Nurture students’ the ability of advanced specialized sciences or to write thesis in the electro-optic field.
• Nurture students’ practical and creative abilities.
• Nurture student’s international perspective and communication skills.
• Nurture students’ sense of social responsibility and professional ethics.
The teaching character of the department of Electronic-Optical Engineering
• Set up a clear goal for education and students core capability. Then, build up a continuing improvement scheme.
• Follow the developing trend of electronic technology to update the courses.
• Concentrate on theory and practice simultaneously, we offer both the basic and application courses. Also, the student must work on some special topic under the supervision of one professor for two years.
• There are three teaching groups: The Computer Engineering, Electronic System and Optoelectronic/Semiconductor.
• An advisory committee is formed by experts graduated from our department and specialists in all fields. They support all suggestion about the development and the teaching character of the department. They also help us to set up courses which will support the needs of our industry.
• Enforce the teaching resource of Internet education.
• Encourage the students to write papers and create new technology to participate the conference and contest of practical application.
• According to different sources of students, open all kinds of adaptation courses to upgrade the results of education.
• Have a professional understanding of the advanced electro-optic field
• Have the ability to read and write professional publications and technical manuals
• Have the ability to estimate, analyze and independently solve problems
• Have the ability to design and carry out special topics and system integration
• Have the ability of team management, coordination and communication
• Have the ability to analyze and describe the research outcome
• Have a working knowledge of the relevant laws and regulations
• Have the sense of social responsibility and professional ethics